- Profit from the Core: A return to growth in turbulent times.
- The great repeatable business model: Really successful companies build their strategies on a few vivid and hardy forms of differentiation that act as a system and reinforce one another.
- The five lenses: Creating ideas that win - ExpertActions Partner discusses a creative strategy process that companies are using to identify promising ideas and turn them into business opportunities.
HOW WE HELP
For more years, ExpertActions's superior capabilities have helped thousands of clients in every industry develop and deliver winning strategies.
- We see things that others miss, offering you more creative solutions that combine our deep geographic experience, intimate sector knowledge and clear insights into how to create value in your business.
- We work collaboratively, build lasting capabilities into your team and help your organization mobilize for change.
- We define our success by your results. We care deeply about our clients. We enjoy our work and we have fun doing it.
Our strategy consulting expertise includes:
- Fundamentals of growth: Only few companies succeeds in achieving sustained growth. We help companies grow by defining and focusing on their core.
- Business unit strategy: Effective strategy for business units requires making proprietary decisions about where to play and how to win. The goal is to enable a business to reach its full economic potential.
- Corporate strategy: Corporate strategy involves a proprietary set of actions that enables a company to be worth more than just the sum of its parts. The most critical role of the center is to help business units achieve leadership positions.
- Founder's Mentality℠: To win in the long term, most companies need the cost advantages and scale of global incumbents. Yet, in achieving that scale, companies often lose what we call the Founder’s vision the very core strengths and values that helped them succeed.
- ExpertActions® Innovation: ExpertActions works with clients to transform innovation for new product development and make big ideas actionable by combining creative strategy andanalytic approaches.
- Emerging markets: Home to most of the world’s population and recording double-digit growth, emerging markets in Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe are must-win areas for multinational companies. ExpertActions helps companies navigate this unfamiliar terrain and successfully compete against indigenous companies and other multinationals.
- Sustainability: ExpertActions helps companies develop renewable energy policies, realize the full potential of recycling processes and identify the impact of new trends and regulations, among other things.
ExpertActions's strategy experts help clients with their most complex strategic challenges. We build tailored solutions to help clients achieve sustained growth and emphasize mobilization from day one. We begin by helping clients choose where to focus so they can out execute and out invest their competitors―and ultimately generate higher returns.
Strategy practice is anchored by seven ExpertActions Beliefs on strategy:
- There are few bad businesses, but many bad strategies. Returns are generated by delighting customers and beating the competition, not by pursuing hot markets.
- Good strategies create a path to leadership economics. In a correctly-defined business, one or two competitors with superior economics, enabled by strong leadership, usually capture the profit pool. The paradox of leadership is that the strongest companies are often the furthest from achieving their full potential.
- A company’s first priority should be unlocking the full potential of the core. Strategy is the science of allocating scarce resources. Companies that are sustained value creators know their core and focus their resources on attaining full potential before pursuing adjacencies―and then only with ruthless discipline.
- Leadership starts with competitive advantage. Strategies lacking a sharp definition of how to win, relative to the industry’s rules of the game, seldom return their cost of capital. Leadership requires companies to combine superior capabilities and assets to form strong, repeatable differentiation.
- Customer advocacy is the acid test of competitive advantage. Most companies fail to deliver a superior customer proposition; however, sustained value creators are twice as likely to get it right. But no matter how good your proposition, low cost is critical to staying competitive and fueling reinvestment.
- A good strategy is one that can be implemented. The reason many strategies don’t deliver results is the failure to change behaviors. Winning strategies are designed for and with the front line and are understood throughout the organization, not just in the board room.
- Repeatable Models® deliver enduring success. Successful companies build Repeatable Models with well-defined core differentiation, clear non-negotiables that embed the strategy at the front line and feedback loops to adapt continuously and delight their customers more, at an ever lower cost.