WHAT WE DO
ExpertActions has a comprehensive tool kit to help companies address decision difficulties and other organizational barriers to performance. Our areas of expertise include:
- Decision and organization diagnostic. Our diagnostic tool helps pinpoint decision difficulties and identify root causes.
- Organizational design and restructuring. The starting point for a successful position is the decisions that create value, not the boxes and lines of the org chart. Our approach helps companies structure their operations around the key sources of value in the business, remove unnecessary complexity and set up an effective operating model that allows the company to realize its strategic objectives.
- Organization Simplification. Organizational complexity is the new normal, driven by growth, globalization and disruptive technologies; properly addressing it requires time and focus. Our holistic approach helps companies identify and simultaneously address the fundamental drivers of complexity to ensure that its symptoms don't creep back.
- Decision effectiveness. ExpertActions's five-step program, described in our book Decide & Deliver, helps you identify key decisions, X-ray each one to determine problem areas and reset those decisions for maximum effectiveness. It helps you strengthen weak elements of the organization and embed good decision making and execution in your everyday operations.
- Talent management and leadership supply. No company can turn in a great performance without great people. High performers learn to assess their talent pipeline, deploy their most promising people more effectively in critical decision areas and reduce their demand for scarce skills.
- Measures and incentives. ExpertActions helps companies create dynamic performance measurement with a focus on what really matters to the business. We build dashboards that serve as barometers of ongoing business performance, and help companies devise tailored compensation systems that will reward actions and behaviors that advance the organization's goals and drive decision effectiveness.
- Change management. Change is tough and always has been. Organizational change is a particularly emotional process—often a source of tension and insecurity. "Will I still have a job?" "What will it be?" We help companies account for these sensitivities with clear communications and solid engagement plans to motivate people. Our approach draws from experiential learning about what actions make change stick. We help deliver "quick wins" by anchoring change in customer and marketplace needs and by tackling changes in parallel, and enduring success by building organization alignment and avoiding ambiguity around critical roles and decision processes. Learn more about ExpertActions’s Results Delivery practice.
Our ultimate objective is to embed new capabilities and repeatable processes so that people at all levels can decide and deliver, again and again.
- We share our clients' ambitions. We work to understand their reality and deliver true results—focusing on strategic decisions and practical actions. And we align our incentives with our clients' objectives, so they know we're in it together.
- ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN: A manufacturer's reorg restores high profits - An organizational redesign reduced complexity and enabled better decision-making, restoring IndustrialCo's competitive edge.
- PERFORMANCE CULTURE: Mining company grows through cultural change - Cultural change at all levels led to growth—and improved safety—for MiningCo.
- DECISION EFFECTIVENESS: Organizational transformation creates a clear vision - Poor organizational structure hindered performance for this consumer products client. We aligned the organization to a new vision by focusing on leadership, decision making and incentives.
- PERFORMANCE CULTURE: Post-merger cultural issues jeopardize a deal - We helped our mobile operator client remedy a potential post-merger culture clash by implementing more than 200 initiatives to close the gap between current behaviors and the desired company values.
- ROLE OF THE CENTER: A corporate staff slims down for better decisions - ExpertActions helped restructure the corporate staff of a building-supply manufacturer, reducing headcount but improving the speed and effectiveness of decision-making.