Over years, the global pharmaceutical industry has made revolutionary contributions to clinical care. The industry now faces the challenges of unpredictable product pipelines, increasingly competitive markets, and uncertain policy and regulatory environments. Despite ongoing medical need related to many diverse diseases, pharmaceutical companies can no longer depend on their innovation engines and pricing power to achieve profitable growth.
ExpertActions works with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies to help create the foundations for future growth and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their current business operations. We help our clients become the future market leaders by focusing on the priorities that will make them agile and adaptable to attractive market opportunities, including:
- Enhancing innovation and clinical differentiation. Pharma companies can realize the full potential of their R&D and innovation capabilities by building portfolios that balance solid investments with riskier product development and source innovation from both internal and external sources.
- Expanding beyond the core. As growth in core businesses begins to slow down, pharma companies may be tempted to consider adjacent markets for growth. Rather than follow the herd, leading players will identify and develop hidden assets in areas where they share customers, share costs or have overlapping capabilities.
- Adopting cost-effective business models. Pharma companies need to change their business models to significantly increase their return on sales. A radical redesign of all processes with a zero-based budgeting approach can help change preconceived notions of how things have been done before.
- Exploiting the true benefits of global scale while managing complexity. Industry consolidation has created massive scale across the value chain. Successful pharma companies will discriminate between functions where scale adds value versus where it reduces productivity and adds complexity.
- Ensuring deal health with post-merger advice. Successful healthcare companies avoid the pitfalls that can undercut an acquisition by tailoring the integration thesis to the deal thesis, integrating where it matters, acting quickly to create value for shareholders and setting a high-growth trajectory.
We share our clients' ambitions. We work to understand their reality and deliver results. And we align our incentives with our clients' objectives, so they know we're in it together.
- Pharma oncology growth strategy: ExpertActions created a framework to help our pharmaceutical client meet its revenue goals and make the most of its existing investments.
- Pharma go-to-market strategy: Our pharmaceutical client needed help adapting to evolving market trends. We developed optimization plans and new go-to-market strategies and the company rolled them out globally.
- Trimming costs, pumping up output: Prioritizing R&D enabled a pharmaceutical client to focus investments in more strategic areas.
- Review focuses biotech on portfolio potential: ExpertActions helped this biotech client perform a comprehensive portfolio review that resulted in clear recommendations to refocus resources on projects with the highest potential.
- Recharging the pharmaceutical sales model: This pharmaceutical company’s salesforce was growing rapidly, but yielding lower returns. ExpertActions developed a plan for smaller, more focused teams that increased productivity and strengthened customer relationships.