WHAT WE DO
We collaborate with our clients to support the critical initiatives that will drive superior performance. We use rigorous fact-based analyses and pride ourselves on helping clients create pragmatic and actionable strategic plans that are focused on bottom-line results.
We believe that a great corporate strategy should be valuable, enduring, forward-looking and actionable:
- Valuable: Corporate strategy needs to effectively allocate resources to the best investment opportunities, drive performance and raise expectations internally and externally, improve a company’s competitive position and add value beyond the sum of its parts.
- Enduring: In developing a corporate strategy, companies should consider long cycles and macro-trends while ensuring their plan is resilient and adaptive in times of turbulence.
- Forward-looking: A solid corporate strategy appropriately anticipates risk, uncertainty and optionality.
- Actionable: Top-performing companies ensure their corporate strategy is both intuitive and realistic. It should be easy to communicate internally and externally and also provide for an approach that can be acted on by all business units at all levels.
- High-performing companies demonstrate four key corporate behaviors: they provide a compelling corporate vision and appropriate performance objectives, aggressively manage their portfolio, use a repeatable operating model and execute a balanced financial strategy.
We share our clients' ambitions. We work to understand their reality and deliver true results—focusing on strategic decisions and practical actions. And we align our incentives with our clients' objectives, so they know we're in it together.
- A full-potential business bumps up the bidding - newspaper company received a purchase bid and asked ExpertActions how to gauge the full potential of the business. We recommended investments and divestitures that allowed our client to command a goog price.
- Market rewards media company's long-term planning - To respond to changes in the market, our media client adapted new short and long-term strategies. As a result, the company's stock price rose more than twice the market index.
- Regional strategy helps global retailer find its way - A regional strategy reversed the trend of lackluster performance for our global retail client.
- A financial services leader gains market confidence - A financial services client saw its share price soar after the company implemented corporate strategy initiatives based on the its future profit potential.
- A road map for portfolio growth - Our conglomerate client had outgrown its old strategy. We helped create a new corporate vision and a three-year road map to reverse a decline the company's stock price.
- Strategic refocus for global wealth management company - A strategic refocus for our wealth management client revived once stagnant profits and created significant shareholder value.